Scalp Vein Sets
Scalp vein sets or butterfly needles, are sterile, single-use medical devices, consisting of a winged needle connected to a flexible tubing that ends with a Luer Lock fitting that allows adaptation to the infusion line.
A Scalp Vein Set is made up of five elements :
- a protective sheath of the needle
- a short needle with a short stainless steel bevel
- a plastic hub consisting of one or two soft wings used to grip and ecure the device
- a transparent flexible PVC tube
- a female Luer Lock fitting that can be blocked by a luer cap or by a multi-activated valve needle free connector.
Scalp Vein Sets are normally used in the following cases :
- repeated short-term injection and/or injection of small volume of drugs or blood derivatives
- one-time blood sampling
- difficult or small-diameter vein such as infants and children
Sunrise JCM can provide a full range of Scalp Vein sets, with or without Safety features to recap the butterfly needle after use and prior to disposal.
Gauges range: 19-27G x 19mm butterfly atraumatic needle.